Founded in 2010, the Hawthorne-Wiseburn Girls Softball league plays home games at Hawthorne High School and Bodger Park and welcomes all girls who want to participate. HWGSL promotes sportsmanship, learning and fun in accordance with the USA softball rules and regulations.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA USA – MISSION STATEMENT
* To promote softball within the Southern California boundaries for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry.
* To promote all phases of softball including men’s, women’s and youth.
* To establish standard rules and regulations that can be observed by all members.
* To conduct well-organized championship tournaments.
* To be represented by teams in local, region, area and national tournaments.
* To promote, organize and conduct clinics and seminars in the proper skills of softball play and rules of the game.
* To assist International softball teams when requested.
Southern California USA softball (So Cal USA) is an affiliate of USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States and a United States Olympic Committee (USOC) voting member. Southern California ASA organizes youth clinics, umpire seminars and conducts national qualifying tournaments in slow pitch and fast pitch for men, women and youth.
Southern California USA softball is a non-governmental and non-profit organization. We are staffed by volunteers dedicated to the advancement of softball at all levels of play. Our funds go to the administration of activities and other related events that benefit our team membership. Southern California USA Softball is responsible for all financial obligations in the operation of the program. This association is self supporting and does not receive any sponsorship funds from National USA Softball.